1 Sirloin steak or Pork tenderloin, they're
both just as tasty, but the pork is more economic.
6 thin slices of serrano ham fromTeruel.
6 slices of semi-cured sheep and goat cheese.
6 slices of bacon.
4 spoonfuls of extra virgin olive oil from Lower Aragón.
2 spoonfuls of butter.
1 Potato per person.
Cream cheese with herbs.
Oregano, salt and clove
- Firstly, open the
steak up in the middle without detatching the two halves. Fill the steak
with the paté and ham from Teruel. Tie up the two halves with string to
secure the steak and make sure it doesn't open.
- Put the potatoes in the microwave for 7 minutes, covered.
- Put a good dollop of olive oil in a frying pan and brown the steak.
Sirloin steak stuffed with ham from Teruel with cheese.
- Once it is half done, put the steak in an oven proof dish and into an
preheated oven at 180ºC with the butter and the herbs. Add white wine to
- Take the steak out of the oven and leave it to cool down for 10
- While the steak cools, grab the potatoes that we cooked before in the
microwave (1 per person) and cut them open at the top, emptying them
carefully, cutting out the majority of the potato on the inside but
without breaking the skin.
- Mix the middles of the potatoes together with the cream cheese with
herbs (they can be mixed with bechamel sauce instead if you so wish).
- Refill the potatoes with the mixture, cover and put in the microwave
for a further 3 minutes.
- Slide the steak on to the plate being very careful that it doesn't
fall apart and slice it into slices of about the thickness of a finger.
Serve 3 slices of the stuffed steak per person and accompany it with a
hot stuffed potato cut in half. Add the butter and herbs, in which we
cooked the steaks, as a light sauce on top of the steak.
Garnish with a sprig of parsley.